Friday, September 15, 2017

9/15 – Jaxon


As a seasoned childhood cancer family, our friends and family members often reach out to us when those they know have found themselves in a similar boat as us. A few months back, I received a text from a dear friend, letting me know her cousin’s child had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Jaxon was about the same age Tillery was at diagnosis and he was diagnosed at the same hospital. His diagnosis: AT/RT, the same as Owen and Ollie, whose stories were told the past 2 days. Here is Jaxon’s story.

“My name is Jaxon Williams and I am 2yrs old. On Father's Day 2017 I suffered my very first seizure that took me to Children's Hospital at Erlanger in Chattanooga, TN. It was discovered the next day that I had a brain tumor and surgery for biopsy and partial resection was scheduled for that Friday. The next day I was diagnosed with a Rhabdoid Tumor also known as ATRT. This is a very rare form of cancer that occurs in only 10% of children. My doctors decided that it was time to relocate me and my family to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to begin treatment. I was welcomed with open arms at St. Jude and quickly begin treatment. I am participating in a clinical trial treatment at St. Jude to help fight my cancer. So far, after my first round, my doctor's say I am doing phenomenal. Me and my family put our full trust in God and His plan for me during this season. Please pray for me and my family and all children fighting childhood cancers. With your prayers and support, we can win the fight to end childhood cancer together. Will you join our fight?”

A fundraiser will be held for Jaxon’s family tomorrow in Dayton, TN. If you are in the area, drop by and show some support. Here’s the link with details https://www.facebook.com/events/248813138965297/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22ref_newsfeed_story_type%22%3A%22regular%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D


#teamjax #tilleryisloved #TILfoundation #alexsmillionmile #GoGold2017

To support childhood cancer research in honor of kids like Jaxon, make a donation to our team (TIL Foundation) with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1314958

No comments:

Post a Comment